1. Their religion centers around the giant trees in their habitat. Their natural enemy is the Gorax, a 30-foot high humanoid, but humans also threatened their existence when the Empire built a base on their planet. As an April Fool gag, these creatures from the Panshee tribe, grew and began attacking users in the Star Wars Galaxies Multiplayer Online RPG. For ten points, name these generally peaceful creatures, featured in the TV movies Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor, and the film Return of the Jedi.
2. Covers by this band include Spiral Staircase's "More Today Than Yesterday," found over the closing credits of The Waterboy, and Nena's "99 Red Balloons," found in Grand Turismo 3 and Not Another Teen Movie. 2005's Disconnection Notice is the most recent album by this band, whose previous album, Open Your Eyes, had a music video for its title track that supported the animal rights activism of frontman John Feldmann. For ten points, name this ska-punk band whose 1996 eponymous debut featured the song "Here In Your Bedroom."
3. The 2005 edition of this event will take place in September in Lake Manassas, Virginia. Its honorary chairmen have included John Howard, Thabo Mbeki, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and Gerald Ford. The first one, held in 1994, saw a David Graham-captained team up-ended by a Hale Irwin-captained squad. The last event, held in 2003 in South Africa, saw squads captained by Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player play to a tie. For ten points, name this biennial event that features the top U.S. men’s pro golfers against those from non-European countries.
4. The Israel Defense Forces automatically give a low security clearance to drafted teens who participate in it. A Rona Jaffe novel about a thinly veiled version of it was turned into a TV movie starring a young Tom Hanks as someone who has a problem distinguishing between reality and fantasy. Pat Pulling founded the organization BADD to oppose this activity, which she blames for the suicide of her son, Bink. These are some negative views on, for ten points, what product originally created by David Ameson and Gary Gygax, which spawned the RPG industry?
5. The French called it la capote anglaise while the English called it a "French letter." Although one legend ascribes its invention to a namesake physician in the service of King Charles II, others claim that the Italian Gabriel Fallopius made the first one, possibly based on a Persian device. Some writings suggest that a similar device used in ancient Rome was made from goat bladder. For ten points, name this object made since the 1930s out of latex rubber.
6. Kevin Nealon is record producer Johnny Knightly. Kelly Preston is a holistic diet guru. Wallace Shawn is Dr. Van Oy. Mayim Bialik, Kid Rock, Carmen Electra and John Travolta all play themselves. Personal assistant Eddie and makeup artist Kevyn, played by VH-1 talking head Rachael Harris, help the main character try to get roles despite her excess curviness in, for ten points, what Showtime series starring the zaftig Kirstie Alley?
7. He stands 6-foot-1 and weighs 325 pounds, and he made his first appearance in More Fun Comics number-71 in 1941. Abandoned on Mercy Reef for having blonde hair, he was rescued and raised by a dolphin before coming to the care of Arthur Curry. After discovering his superpowers, he helped found the J-L-A and reclaimed his birthright, taking Mera as his bride. After trapping his people in the past during the Imperiex War, he was forced to re-sink his city and was banished from the seas once again. For ten points, name this DC superhero with the ability to communicate telepathically with all marine life.
8. (AUDIO) Given a clip of a mashup, name the two songs being mixed together, for ten points. [Clip 10]
9. Current NFL players who are alumni of this college include Miami running back Brock Forsey, Chicago running back Bryan Johnson and Pittsburgh defensive lineman Kimo von Oelhoffen. They played their first game at their current home stadium in September 1970, beating Chico State, 49-14. Between 1999 and 2002, they appeared in three Humanitarian Bowls, winning all three by a combined 106-70. For ten points, name this WAC school, which plays its home games on a field with blue turf, and which went undefeated during the 2004 regular season.
10. After shaving his head for this role in a 1965 film, Telly Savalas stayed shaved for the rest of his life. The role was sung on film in 1973 by Barry Dennen, who had originated it on Broadway. Bulgarian Hristo Shopov played him in a 2004 film, while it was one of Michael Palin's many characters in Life of Brian. Played in 1988's The Last Temptation of Christ by David Bowie, for ten points, name this biblical figure, the Roman governor of Judea who supposedly presided at the trial of Jesus.
11. Ben Franklin noted the special aromatic property of this, while research published in 1891 blamed it on methanethiol. Robert White would prove this wrong in 1975, finding that the culprit were several S-methyl thioesters. Research in the 1950s found that it only caused an odor change in some people, an ability controlled by a single autosomal dominant gene. For those people, an odor change is detectable within an hour of eating this. Such is the science beind, for ten points, the change in the odor of your pee after eating what vegetable?
12. One of the main celebrities on “Celebrity Night” on America 2-Night, his latest TV role was as Cool Hugh on Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and he once played Peter Buckley on Baa Baa Black Sheep. He was part of Drew Carey’s all-star band, and he toured with Smashing Pumpkins, Cypress Hill and Sonic Youth on Hullabalooza. For ten points, name this ‘70s musical icon who was coerced by Death to bail out Peter Griffin by having him sing “Baby I Love Your Way” to Lois on Family Guy.
13. A new novel finds them "in bloom," and traces their origins back to the '30s when Teensy Whitman stuffed a pecan up her nose. They believe in thinking pretty pink and blue thoughts, that humans may be made of stars, and most of all, in one another. Three of them helped Vivi Abbott Walker through hard times with her parents and a bout of mental illness in the 60s that led her to abuse her daughter, Siddalee. For ten points, name this titular group of two Rebecca Wells novels who had some divine secrets.
14. Its tracks include "Tenderness on the Block," which was co-written by Jackson Browne, while its performers include members of the Section and Fleetwood Mac, as well as Linda Ronstadt and her backing band. Other tracks on it include "Johnny Strikes Up The Band," "Lawyers, Guns, and Money," and "Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner." For ten points, what break-through Warren Zevon album features "Werewolves of London"?
15. His U.S. business interests include being the owner/operator of the Victory Deli and the Sports Gallery Cafe in Stamford, Connecticut, while his foreign interests include continuing his second tour of duty as manager of the Chiba Lotte Marines in Japan. The only three-time all-state football player in Connecticut high school history, he was the fifth overall pick of the 1968 amateur draft. Following a 10-year playing career, he managed the Rangers from 1989-1996, leading them to at least 83 wins four times. Moving to Queens in 1996, he led the Mets to consecutive post-season appearances. For ten points, name this former big league manager, ESPN analyst and master of disguise.
16. He has flown in the sky attached to a string held by his brother Arthur and once helped to stop the theft of the Most Expensive Painting in the world. Thanks to the work of Canadian school teacher Dale Hubert, he is now the subject of a project meant to improve the reading and writing of elementary school students. Seen at the 2005 Oscars with Clint Eastwood, this little boy’s life was changed when his bulletin board fell on him one night. For ten points, identify the 2-dimensional protagonist in the series by Jeff Brown.
17. She played the reporter in Billy Bob Thornton's short film which eventually became Sling Blade. She has played on her persona in the eighties with roles in Not Another Teen Movie and Teaching Mrs. Tingle. Among the roles she rejected was the Lea Thompson part in Some Kind of Wonderful, which soured her relationship with that film's writer. For ten points, name this former Brat Packer, the lead in several early John Hughes films.
18. The only show to have aired 100 episodes but not be picked up for syndication, this series moved to Hawaii for a year when one half of the title duo retired from his job as a D.A. Among the other supporting characters include the bulldog Max, sassy secretary Lisbeth and an enthusiastic assistant D.A. Derrick Mitchell. They helped investigators with the last names McCabe and Styles catch crooks in unconventional ways. For ten points, what CBS drama starred Joe Penny and William Conrad as the title duo?
19. In April 2005, she released a how-to-book, Gardening With Children, in Britain. A former gardening writer for both The Guardian and Prima magazine, she hasn’t released an album in the U.S. since 1995's Now and Forever. The daughter of a 1950s British pop singer, she signed to Rak Records in 1981, and quickly garnered hits in the U.K. with "Chequered Love" and "Kids in America." For ten points, name this '80s dance icon, who had a huge hit in 1986 with a remake of the Supremes’ "You Keep Me Hanging On."
20. It runs about three miles through its home city, and the house at number 900 served as the exterior of Jimmy Stewart's house in the movie Vertigo. The best-known block of it is between Hyde and Leavenworth Streets. It got its current design in 1923, the result of the original block's steep descent. Paved with bricks, you can now see some great Russian Hill architecture and hydrangia bushes while traversing its eight switchbacks. So goes the driving on this stretch of, for ten points, what San Francisco thoroughfare also known as "the crookedest street in the world"?
21. He once appeared as Brent on Ned and Stacey. Born in 1960, he served in the British Army’s Parachute Regiment during the Falkland Islands war. His first foray into TV production came in 1996 with Eco-Challenge: British Columbia, which received a Sports Emmy nomination. His other works include Boarding House: North Shore, Combat Missions and The Casino. For ten points, name this reality show producer who introduced the world to both Survivor and The Apprentice.