- Answer these questions about celebrities who appear in Adam
Sandlerıs Hanukkah Song, Version Two, for ten points each.
- According to Adam, this singerıs not Jewish, but Adamıs mother
thinks he is.
Answer: Bruce SPRINGSTEEN
- Adam says this ex-Baywatch star is Jewish, and yes, her boobs
Answer: Yasmine BLEETH
- As in Version One, O.J. Simpsonıs not a Jew. But in Part II,
guess who is, the man who originally voiced Scooby-Doo! Name this man,
who also voiced Boo-Boo and many other Hanna-Barbara characters, who
Answer: Don MESSICK
- Given the real name of an actor or actress, past or present, give the
well-known stage name for the stated number of points.
- (5) Timothy Dick
Answer: Tim ALLEN
- (10) Tara Patrick
Answer: Carmen ELECTRA
- (15) Donna Belle Mullenger
Answer: Donna REED
- 40-30-20-10, name the TV series.
-  Name it now.
-  Its first episode opened with narrator Leonard Groves intoning
"War has begun. Ships are sinking. Men are dying."
-  The music for this series was done by Richard Rogers,
appropriate since it followed events in the South Pacific. His score was
performed by the NBC Orchestra, conducted by Robert Russell Bennett.
-  A documentary series culled from war footage and made with a lot
of help from the US Navy, this 26 episode series from 1952-53 tells how
the US won the war on the water during WW2. It can currently be seen in
reruns on the History Channel.
Answer: VICTORY AT SEA
- Name these musical groups that may or may not have something
in common given members for the stated number of points.
- (5) Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield
Answer: RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS
- (10) Tom Bailey, Alannah Currie, and Joe Leeway
Answer: THOMPSON TWINS
- (15) Phil Balsley, Jimmy Fortune, Harold and Don Reid
Answer: STATLER BROTHERS
- Arrange these Melrose Place and 90210 cast members in birth order,
oldest to youngest. Alphabetically, they are: Josie Bissett, Gabrielle
Carteris, Heather Locklear, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Jack Wagner, Ian
Answer: Jack WAGNER (10/3/59), Gabrielle CARTERIS (1/2/61), Heather LOCKLEAR
(9/25/61), Ian ZIERING (3/30/64), Josie Bissett (10/5/70), Tiffani-Amber
- Given an astronaut, name who played him in HBO's From the Earth to the
Moon. If you need another TV credit, you'll get 5 points.
- 10: Jim Lovell
5: Joe Hackett on Wings
Answer: Timothy DALY
- 10: Wally Schirra
5: Jack McNeil on Chicago Hope
Answer: Mark HARMON
- 10: Pete Conrad
5: Robert "Rocket" Romano on ER
Answer: Paul MCCRANE
- Given a TV school, name its principal for the stated number of points.
- for five points, South Park Elementary
Answer: Principal VICTORIA
- for ten points, Sunnydale High School (as of the start of this season)
- for 15 points, Buchanan High School in Brooklyn (the first principal)
Answer: John LAZARUS (from Welcome Back, Kotter)
- Name the Negro League baseball team for ten points each.
- Owned by Abe and Effa Manley, they won the Negro World Series
overpowering the Kansas City Monarchs with a line-up that included Larry
Doby, Monte Irvin, and Leon Day. They moved to Houston and New Orleans
before folding in 1956.
Answer: Newark Eagles
- Funded by racketeer Eddie Gottlieb, they operated from 1934
intothe 1950s, originally as a member of the Negro National League. Star
players included pitcher Slim Jones and power-hitter Gene Benson.
Answer: Philadelphia Stars
- At various times members of the Negro National, American, and
Leagues, they operated from 1920 into the 1950s. Stars developed by this
team included Piper Davis, Ed Steele, and a young Willie Mays.
Answer: Birmingham Black Barons
- for ten points each, name...
- Either of the hosts of You Bet Your Life who weren't Groucho Marx.
Answer: Buddy HACKETT or Bill COSBY
- Any of the hosts of Password or its sequels who wasn't Alan Ludden.
Answer: Bill CULLEN or Tom KENNEDY or Bert CONVY
- Any of the hosts of the Liar's Club who wasn't Alan Ludden.
Answer: Eric BOARDMAN or Rod SERLING or Bill ARMSTRONG
- As we all know from her hosting Saturday Night Live, Gwyneth Paltrow
isn't British, she just acts like she is. For the stated number of points,
given her British role, name the film.
- for 5 points, The title character, a romantically scheming aristocrat's
daughter in a 1996 Jane Austen adaptation.
- for ten points, Helen Quilley, a recently fired ad exec whose life changes
dramatically by missing an Underground train.
Answer: SLIDING DOORS
- for 15 points, the younger version of Granny Wendy in a 1991 flop.
- A travels with question at TRASHionals? Only if its
Travels with James the Ultimate Sports Fan. Name these places James is
going on his international sports tour for the stated number of points.
- (5) Since James is a big fan of Mike Tyson making a fool of
himself, he would love to travel to the city where Iron Mike got knocked
out by James Buster Douglas. What city was the Tyson-Douglas fight
- (10) Since the NBAs back on track, James would love to go to
the city where the first-ever NBA game was played, back in 1946. Name the
city, which was home to the Huskies during the 1946-47 season.
- (15) Finally, James would love to check out the site of the
first Olympics held in a Southern Hemisphere city. What city would James
have to go?
- Name these Burt Reynolds movies for the stated number of points.
-  Burt provided the voice of Charlie the mutt in this 1989 Don
Bluth animated movie, which spawned two sequels and a short-lived
Answer: ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN
-  Burt plays a NASCAR driver who clashes with the fried chicken
mogul that sponsors his racing team in this 1983 bomb, a film so bad,
Robert Wuhl wonders why he wasn't in it.
Answer: STROKER ACE
-  The only film Burt's ever directed as well as starred in, this
1981 action drama features the toupeed one as an Atlanta vice cop who
tries to bring down a powerful Italian drug lord.
Answer: SHARKY'S MACHINE
- Hockey players aren't just big, dumb slabs of meat--they're
sentimental slabs of meat. Given a description of patches worn by NHL
team, and the teams that wore them, identify the injured, ill or dead
people the patches show support FSTNOP.
- (15) 1998-99 St. Louis Blues; the patch bears a #14 and a
Answer: Doug WICKENHEISER
- (10) 1997-98 Tampa Bay Lightning; a shamrock with a #12 over
Answer: John CULLEN
- (5) 1997-98 Detroit Red Wings; name either man honored by
the patch that bore the word "believe" in Russian and English, along with
Answer: Vladimir KONSTANTINOV or Sergei MNATSIKANOV
- Elvis movie, cocktail, both, or neither? Given a name, tell me if
it's the name of an Elvis Presley movie, a cocktail, both, or neither
for 5 points each.
- Flaming Star
- The Girl Mom Warned You About
- Rockaway Beach
- P.J. O'Rourke: America's foremost conservative humorist. Identify
the O'Rourke book given quotes from it FTPE.
- "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car
keys to teenage boys."
ANS: _Parliament of Whores_
- "Maybe the magic of Wall Street can work for everyone in the world.
Perhaps the peasants of China can all 'go public' and form a billion
corporations with assets of '1 water buffalo, 2 conical hats, wok.'"
ANS: _Eat the Rich_
- "After you have re-enacted the siege of Omduran in your hostess's
living room using the Hepplewhite chairs as ramparts, pull out the big
roll of bills and toss it to her, cavalierly assuring 'this should cover
ANS: _Republican Party Reptile_
- If you write about hip-hop, watch your back. Or so claims
editor-in-chief Jesse Washington, who allegedly had facial bones
broken for upsetting a particular performer. Answer questions about
the incident, 10 points each:
- Name the hip-hop magazine Washington edits.
- Washington was allegedly attacked for identifying Deric
³D-Dot² Angellettie, as this rapper, whose single is appropriately
titled ³Gonna Beat Ya.²
Answer: THE MADD RAPPER
- The Madd Rapper isnıt the first person Washington has accused of
trying to hurt him. Last summer, Washington claimed this performer
pulled a pistol on him over an album review.
Answer: WYCLEF JEAN
- Very few managers stick around after two or three straight losing
seasons. Name these manager who stuck around at least five straight
losing seasons for ten points each.
- This Hall of Famer managed the Athletics for 10 straight losing
seasons, between 1915-1924, and another 13, between 1934-1946.
Answer: Connie MACK
- for ten points each, name the two active managers who have stayed at the helm of
their teams for six straight losing seasons, one in the American League,
the other in the National League.
Answer: Phil GARNER, Tom KELLY
- Given the following Hershey's candy bars, list them in order of
introduction to the US market. They are: Krakel, Skor,
Whatchamacalit, Special Dark, and Mr. Goodbar.
Answer: MR. GOODBAR (1925), KRAKEL (1938), SPECIAL DARK (1971),
WHATCHAMACALIT (1978), SKOR (1981)
- The only place to get the correct translation of English words into
Australian is through Foster's Lager commercials. Given the commercial,
give the word or term being described for ten points each. And remember, Foster's is
Australian for beer! (Note to moderator: must be exact!)
- A game of Australian Rules Football
Answer: TOUCH FOOTBALL
- The referee for an arm-wrestling match between a man and a woman.
Answer: MARRAIGE COUNSELOR
- The man who opens a woman's front door with his head.
- Answer these questions about Eddie Murphy's The PJ's, for ten points each:
- What is the name of the main character?
Answer: THURGOOD STUBBS
- The housing project Thurgood works and lives in is apparently named
for what former star of Welcome Back Kotter?
Answer: Lawrence HILTON-JACOBS
- What Good Times alumna voices Mrs. Avery?
Answer: Ja'net DUBOIS