1998 TRASH Regionals
- Jeremy Spencer from 1967 to 1970. Rick Vito from 1987 to
1991. Dave Mason from 1993 to 1996. Bob Welch from 1971 to 1974. Billy
Burnette from 1987 to 1990. Bekka Bramlett from 1993 to 1996. Peter
from 1967 to 1970. Lindsay Buckingham from 1975 to 1987, and again
1997 to 1998. All of them were members of, FTP, what band, whose core
members are bassist John McVie and a drummer named Mick?
ANSWER: FLEETWOOD MAC
- When he retired in 1993, he was the oldest player in the NFL
at age 39. In 16 seasons, he passed for more than 33-thousand yards, 193
touchdowns, and 206 interceptions, but was best known for being replaced
as starting quarterback by Joe Montana, John Elway, and Steve Young.
After spending two years at the Meadowlands coaching under Dan Reeves,
Reeves asked him to put the pads on again in 1998. FTP name this
44-year-old, who came out of retirement to backup Chris Chandler in
ANSWER: Steve DeBERG
- Though it contains no violence and only a brief instance of nudity,
this film was originally rated NC-17 due to its frank portrayal of six
self- and sex-obsessed people, identified in the credits as Mary, Barry,
Terri, Cheri, Cary, and Jerry. FTP name this 1998 film by director Neil
LaBute, starring Jason Patric and Ben Stiller, whose title suggests these
could be people you know and socialize with.
ANSWER: YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS
- Howie is on his way back to work after buying a pair of shoelaces, as
his old ones broke within days of each other. Musing the seeming coincidence
of this, his thoughts then turn to things like flexible straws, the actual
efficacy of hot air hand dryers in preventing disease, and the reasoning
behind milk cartons flaps being so hard to open, just to name a few. With
enough footnotes to make David Foster Wallace antsy, the book ends at the
end of Howie's trip up the escalator, revealing that the entire work took
place while he was riding it. So goes, FTP, what 1988 novel by
ANSWER: The MEZZANINE
- In 1991, this football player was arrested at an Arizona airport
after picking up a
package containing 200 amphetamine pills. For that he paid a 1400 dollar
fine and recieved three years probation. This past February he was
picked up for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend. No word if this
leader of the Sack Exchange did his sack dance after the assualt. FTP,
name the four time Pro Bowler and 1984 NFL defensive player of the year
whose been having legal trouble since leaving the New York Jets.
ANSWER: Mark GASTINEAU
- In "The Gift," Fred Collyer overhears a plot to fix the Kentucky
Derby, but may be too drunk to get the story in by deadline. "Raid at
Kingdom Hill" chronicles Tricksy Wilcox's plan to hit a big pay day via a
bomb scare. Its final story, "Haig's Death," provides a what-if look at
events after feed expert and race judge Christopher Haig passes on. These
and 10 other short stories, some new and some previously published in US and
British magazines, rounds out, FTP, what latest horse-racing themed
book by Dick Francis?
ANSWER: FIELD OF THIRTEEN
- As of 1970, it was headed by Mr. Teabags and had a government-
provided budget of 348 million pounds. Mr Pudey, who originally applied
to it for a grant, was instead given a research fellowship on an
Anglo-French project called La Marche Futile. Its main goal, though, was
to keep up with countries like Israel and Japan, who had a man who could
bend his leg over his head and back again. FTP, all of this describes
what ficticious British ministry, as presented by Monty Python's Flying
ANSWER: The Ministry of SILLY WALKS
- The brand started in 1921, and this product was first made by machine
three years later. They were originally 18 inches long and 3 inches wide,
and the little red string to open their packaging was introduced in 1940.
Later innovations include decorated, foam, and antibiotic versions. FTP
name this Johnson and Johnson brand of adhesive strips.
- In 1987, officials in five states and D.C. decided they wanted to play
with the big boys. So they formed a multijurisdictional version of an
activity popular at the state level, only to see it bomb after three years, so
they made the game even harder. That too bombed, so in 1994, it was made
harder still, with the odds against the player increased to 80 million to
one. FTP name this game, available in 20 states and D.C., which saw payoffs of
$250 million and $185 million in 1998 alone.
- This film, remade in 1979 by Werner Herzog, was thought to be destroyed in a copyright dispute, but resurfaced in other countries. Max Schreck plays the title role, which develops much as Bram Stoker's Dracula did -- hence the lawsuit, from Stoker's widow. FTP, name this vampire film the Stoker estate didn't want you to see, directed by F. W. Murnau.
- When this treat was introduced in March 1998, nine thousand of the
chain's more than twelve thousand eateries added it to their menu, and
bought the special candy dispenser and whirring blender required to make
it. This concoction contains 12 ounces of reduced-fat vanilla soft-serve,
along with your choice of four mix-ins- M&M's, Oreo, Butterfinger, and
Nestle Crunch. FTP name this treat, McDonald's latest attempt to capitalize on
the lacking fast-food dessert market.
- Aston "family Man" Barrett played bass, Carlton Barrett played
Bunny sang and played percussion. The band also included Peter Tosh,
hits included Exodus, Buffalo Soldier, and Could You be Loved. FTP,
band whose album sales, and sales of their frontman's memorabilia,
provide 10 percent
of Jamaica's GNP.
ANSWER: Bob Marley and the WAILERS
- According to The Onion, the FBI has finally ended its 15-year
of this artist. It seems we should have took him seriously when he
to be afraid to wash his hair, "'cause I might open my eyes and find
someone standing there." FTP, who is this one-hit wonder, born Kennedy
Gordy, who gave us the paranoid mid-80's classic, (I Feel Like)
- Among its hosts were John "Bowzer" Bauman, who took the reins in
1983. Its best known host wasn't it's original one, as Bert Parks helmed
the pilot. John Davidson hosted the version before the current one, and
was substituted by Jm J. Bullock when he wasn't playing. FTP, name the
game show that had these hosts, which had Peter Marshall in charge from
1966 to 1981, and is currently hosted by Tom Bergeron.
ANSWER: HOLLYWOOD SQUARES
- Campbell uses his family money to get into children's videos. Henry
writes cyberporn, putting his Yale english degree to good use. Nell
swings from peppy to pouty and back with great rapidity, waiting for one
of the two idiots previously mentioned to sweep her off her feet. We
can't say much more about these folks, as Fox dropped their show and
thankfully brought back Party of Five. So was the short and pointless
live of, FTP, what drama by the PO5 pair of Christopher Keyser and Amy
ANSWER: SIGNIFICANT OTHERS
- FAQTP, the Chicago Condors and the Nashville Noise are the two newest
franchises in what 9 team basketball league, the better paying and more
games played in a season counterpart to the WNBA?
ANSWER: AMERICAN BASKETBALL LEAGUE or ABL
- Two techniques ensured its success: one, the application of the ancient
Kraeusening (croy-zen-ing) process, which involved adding a small amount
of freshly-yeasted wort to the lager, and the other, its marketing on a
national scale through the St. Louis transportation district. A network of
railroad ice houses preserved the flavor, FTP, of what first national beer
of America, produced by Anheuser-Busch and marketed as "The King of
- The author himself describes the book as a "literary suicide mission."
In it, we learn that Rick was born Yitzik Baline and once ran with the Jewish
mob in New York, Victor Lazslo was killed trying to assassinate Reinhard
Heydrich, and finally, the widowed Ilsa ends up marrying Rick after all. FTP, name
this ill-advised novel by Michael Walsh, a sequel to the film Casablanca.
ANSWER: AS TIME GOES BY
- The original version, by British band Paper Lace, shot to the top
of the UK charts, but just before cutting a US distribution deal, a
Cincinnati band released a chart-topping Stateside version. The song
tells the tale of a young woman imploring her fiance not to go off and
fight in the Civil War. FTP, name that tune, a 1974 hit for Bo
Donaldson and the Heywoods.
ANSWER: BILLY, DONšT BE A HERO
- Air Force General Daryl Jones was denied the post of Air Force Secretary
in part because of his advocacy of this company's products while on the
job. Other fans include the New York street gang The Latin Kings, accused
by prosecutors of putting their criminal network to work touting the
company's products. Neither Jones nor any Latin King reached the firm's
coveted Diamond level, at which point the member has recruited at least five
arms of at least five levels each. FTP, name this household products firm,
which underwrote the entire 1996 Republican National Convention, most famed
for its practice of recruiting independent distributors whose income is
heavily dependent on recruiting more distributors.
- FAQTP, ring in and give your opinion of this question in the style of
Triumph, the Insult-Comic Dog.
ANSWER: ANYTHING, FOLLOWED BY "FOR ME TO POOP ON!"
- It was based on the story of Alan Berg, a Denver talk radio host shot by white supremacists. Eric Bogosian reprises the lead from his one man play in, FTP, what 1988 movie also starring Alec Baldwin and directed by Oliver Stone?
ANSWER: TALK RADIO